Tuesday, November 29

Sweetpotato Porridge (From leftovers of sweetpotato casserole)



After my Thanksgiving dinner for one, I still had a bit of sweetpotato casserole left over. I thought why not just add it to my breakfast porridge.
 I've tried porridge with pumpkin and vanilla before so why should this be any different. This is a perfect way to use up any sweetpotato/ pumpkin mash you would have laying around in your fridge. It's even worth making from scratch.
Even the pecans added a nice texture :)




You can find the recipe for my sweetpotato casserole here http://bit.ly/2gadM2D


I made my porridge with barley but you could use any kind of your preference for example oats.
Just make the porridge as you would do normally (or according to the instructions on the package) and mix in the leftover puree. The vanilla flavour adds a nice touch too.

1dl barley (I used Myllärin rikottu ohrasuurimo)
2dl water
pinch of salt
Cook for about 5 mins
Add 4dl milk and let simmer while stirring for another 15 mins
Let it rest under a lid for a few more minutes
Add the sweetpotato mash or casserole and mix.
Handful of extra Pecans.



Voilá!

No comments:

Post a Comment