Tuesday, May 24

Spring Salmon with Green Pea and Soy Bean Puree
























Spring is here and what better than to eat something colorful and fresh. As I woke up this morning feeling happy that the sun was shining and started off my day with a glass of freshly squeezed juice with green apple, pineapple and mint (posted in my previous post) I wanted to continue with the same theme...Green and fresh. I always become inspired from the vibrant new green leaves in the trees and notice a difference in the way I think about food. In the winters I like to have something a bit more heavy and warm enough to heat my body after a cold day out....but in the springtime and summer I notice I like to eat a lot more light. I eat loads of veggies and fish during this season.

So for dinner I made this wonderful dish of Salmon with a green puree made with peas and soy beans. It was an obvious choice because I like to use stuff I already have in my fridge. I had everything but the salmon so that's all I needed to buy.




This dish was so easy to make and takes no time at all! A perfect dish to enjoy when you don't want to spend all day cooking.

The Salmon
Salmon 350-400g (I had a piece 370g which is perfect for 2)
8g salt
15-20g white wine/vinegar (I prefer wine but since it was just a regular day I wasn't in the mood to open a bottle so in this case I ended up substituting with vinegar. If you use wine you can add a bit more)
2 dl water


1)cut the salmon into two equal sized pieces and place into a small ovenproof form
2)add the salt on top of the fish
3)pour the liquids in the form to cover the fish
The liquids will keep the fish nice and moist throughout the cooking

Place the fish into the oven on 150°C for about 15-17 mins (depending on size) You want the Salmon to still be vibrant pink but nice, soft and juicy.


























Pea Puree


100g peas
100g soy beans (just the beans not the pods)
Knob of butter
salt to taste

1)Cook the peas and beans quickly in salted water so that they are still vibrant green in colour.
2)Put them in a blender and add just a bit of butter and salt.
3)blend until you have a nice smooth texture.
























With the salmon and puree I also cooked some more peas, soy beans and asparagus to add a bit of texture to the dish. To garnish I used Wasabi arugula/rocket. I had never tasted this before but the leaves have a light taste of wasabi and they look really pretty, especially if you get some of the flowers too.

I really liked this dish and will definitely make it again. Why not try to add some wasabi into the puree if you want to have a bit of Japanese twist to it.

If you end up having leftover puree you can use it on top of your bread instead of butter like I did :)
Leftover sandwich using the steamed buns toasted in the oven and pea puree , ham and wasabi rocket leaves

Rye bread with leftover pea puree, cured salmon and dill










No comments:

Post a Comment