Monday, February 22

Juicy Blood Orange with Feta and Mint





During the weekend my mother in law came for a visit to Helsinki so I decided to prepare her a dinner to remember. The weather outside is really dull and grey this time of year so I wanted to cheer everyone up and bring a bit of colour to the table. 

Let the sunshine in!

As a starter I had wanted to prepare a salad made of persimmon or sharon fruit which I tried recently but unfortunately the season is almost over and I couldn’t find any so instead I picked some lovely blood oranges that I saw at the market :) The oranges are so juicy and sweet at the moment and I love serving them with some feta cheese and mint. So beautiful and colourful.



Juicy Blood Orange with Feta and Mint

2 blood oranges
1 orange
Feta cheese (approximately 40g)
Mint, preferably small pretty leaves
Chili 1/3 depending on how spicy you want it
small salad leaves for deco
Olive oil
Salt

Slice the oranges and place them flat on a plate. Crumble the feta cheese on top. Sprinkle some sliced chili to give some spice and colour. Place the mint  and salad leaves on top. Drizzle with olive oil and some salt flakes.




This is really easy and looks so beautiful.


Try also my persimmon salad when in season ( found in a separate post). For this salad I also added some vinegar marinated red onions  to add some acidity since the persimmon or sharon fruit is quite mild in taste.

Also don't miss out on the Seabuckthorn dessert to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment