Tuesday, May 24

Green Apple, Pineapple and mint Juice


























Summers in Finland are very short. There's a saying I like to use when talking with friends from abroad: "I love the Finnish summer, it was such a nice Day :D
However, now we have been blessed with an early start and the sun has been shining a lot and temperatures have already been +20°C and it's only May. As soon as the days become longer (because here in the north it gets quite darned dark in the long months of winter) and the trees start to get their first green leaves, I start to think of all the delicious and fresh foods we eat in the summer time. I like to think green.
I woke up quite early for no reason at all (normally I love my sleep) and the sun was shining, I immediately wanted to have something light, fresh....and yes...GREEN! I looked into the fridge and realized I had just what I needed. I started off my day with a refreshing, freshly squeezed glass of apple, pineapple and mint juice. So pretty and so delish!



























Here are the ingredients I used for my juice!

1 green apple
1/5 pineapple approximately the same amount as the apple
1/2-1 lime (peeled)
1 small nub of ginger
handful of mint leaves

Throw all ingredients into the juicer and you will get a really nice light green glassful of juice to start your day!

Now I wonder what I will cook in the evening for dinner...somehow I have a feeling it will be light and green :) I will post that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment