Monday, October 10

Seaweed noodles with shrimps, ginger and mango



 I went to Stockholm recently and my friend introduced me to a new food product, seaweed noodles. I had never tried these before but they were great and sooo healthy. I even ended up buying a few packages with me home :D (I must be old...before, I'd fill my suitcase up with clothes when on holiday....not healthy seaweed)


Normally I would make this noodle salad with glass noodles, but whenever I have the chance I will definitely replace them with these wonderfully crunchy strings of seaweed.
I've made this salad many times and I just never get bored. It's good on it's own or as a sidedish. I  love how refreshing and full of flavour it is.

Here's what you need:
1 pack of seaweed noodles 300g or glass noodles (by the way these don't taste much on their own so they are perfect to use with most flavours)
Shrimps (or why not use tiger prawns or lobster)
1 mango
1 lime
1 chili
1 knob of ginger
handful of fresh mint
handful of coriander
fish sauce (just as much until the saltiness is to your liking)
(sometimes a hint of sugar just to balance it off)

If I have this on it's own as a meal,  I usually add one diced avocado.

1) Cook the noodles (although these seaweed noodles don't even have to be cooked)
2) peel and cut the mango into dices
3) chop the ginger and chili
4) grate the lime zest and squeeze the juice into a bowl, add the fish sauce and balance off with sugar if needed
5) mix all the ingredients together and decorate with the herbs

Enjoy the salad on it's own or have it as a side dish like we did this time.
We had a seafood feast with my friends with Grilled Lobster, Tiger Prawns, squid tentacles and as a side dish the seaweed shrimp salad.






No comments:

Post a Comment