Sunday, October 9

Bas Bas


There's a lot of really nice restaurants in Helsinki and Bas Bas (Baskeri & Basso) is definitely one of my favourite restaurants at the moment, especially when I'm in need of high quality comfort food. The reason I love this place is the whole ambience. It's probably one of the cosiest restaurants I know and it's a place I wouldn't mind living in :D



 The restaurant is always full of people but it's open really late so if you want to have a seat without a reservation it's possible after the busiest hours. I've never made a reservation myself and have always been able to get a seat...most often at the bar....but I do go after 22:00lt (I'm a late muncher). It's open from Tue-Fri so don't plan to go on a Saturday night.





The staff is always happy and you can just feel the warm welcome when you arrive. The menu changes all the time but there are a few dishes that are probably there to stay. The menu is written onto a blackboard on the rear wall and has all the bistro favourites that I love; like beef tartar, salmon carpaccio or sage pasta.



The food itself is really simple but that's why I love it. The ingredients they use, are of good produce and you can really taste the freshness of them. I really think this is my upgraded comfort food and I've never been disappointed.










I definitely recommend this place. It's also a popular place for a lot of top chefs in the area. As soon as they've closed their restaurants they head to Bas Bas with the staff for a midnight snack.







I don't always eat bread but here the baguette is so super crispy and good that I just can't resist :)


No comments:

Post a Comment