Monday, April 23

Asparagus and cured egg yolk


I recently tried something new (for me atleast)...curing some eggyolks. According to a magazine article in Sweden EVERYBODY is talking about these eggs😆🥚🍳I also saw an amazing picture on Eva Kosmas Flores instagram and blog account adventuresincooking.com which was such an inspiration to me (Please check it out it's beautiful💕) . 
How Could I not try these golden pucks for Easter as it's the festivity of eggs :D. 
I made these before easter and had a chance to try them before I escaped for a holiday to Mexico. They were super easy to make and I was surprised on how much the texture resembled bottarga (a dried fish roe typical in Sardegna which I really love to grate onto pastas).





I already posted a pic of these cured eggs on my instagram account before easter but I didn't have time to write more about them here on my blog until now. 
The taste is amazing and really brings out the umami of the egg. The great thing about these is that you can make them ahead and keep them either in the fridge for a few weeks or even freeze them and just use them whenever needed like I did.

The day before my trip I had a really simple dish of asparagus, yellow beets, peashoots with these vibrant eggs which I just grated on top and also sliced some thin slices of to add more texture.





All you need:
Eggs
Salt 
Sugar
+ any additional spice or flavour of choice


How to make:

50% mix of salt and sugar. 
I used 250g salt and 250g sugar for 6 eggyolks. 
Cover the egg yolks with this mixture and let them rest covered in the fridge for 4-7days. 
I kept them for 5 days....just 'cause a friend of mine said that's the best according to him👍 after this clean the egg yolks carefully from salt and dry in the oven for 2hrs in 80degrees celcius. 
After this they are full of umami and can be grated onto pasta, asparagus or anything you feel suitable. 
They will keep in the fridge for 2-4weeks. But can even be frozen. I also added some truffle on some.






This was just divine in all it's simplicity and look how pretty the egg yolks look when sliced <3





This is something I will keep as staple in my freezer. Something to always have at hand when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment