Friday, April 22

Back From My Holiday




It's already been a week since I got back from my trip...which was amazing by the way :) and I already feel a bit guilty about not posting anything new. I've been cooking quite a bit and have been taking pics but with all the millions of pictures from my holiday in Tokyo, Vietnam and Hong Kong I feel like I don't know where to start...and then I get nothing done as usual :D
I'd love to tell you about my trip in detail but I think there's so much to tell that for now I will try to keep it short.

Tokyo: amazing, quirky, cool, yummy soba noodles, sushi, yakitori etc. It was more than I could ever have wished for so I think I will definitely plan a new trip there...and next time stay a bit longer. When I arrived I was surprised that the streets were so empty, but it all changed as soon as everyone got off from work. Also I was surprised that not every corner was filled with sushi and Harajuku girls. For the latter I was a bit disappointed so I ended up atleast wearing a Lolita wig for the last night :) (everyone who knows me knows that I love dressing up and sometimes I wish I lived in a place where nobody thought I'm weird for doing that on a regular day. Anywhooo...enough about dressing up! The food was awesome....I especially loved the yakitori places hidden away on small side streets and the izakayas.























Next stop...

Vietnam....Hoi An was beautiful with the yellow houses by the river lit up with chinese silk lamps...just magical :) but what I enjoyed the most was sitting on the small stools like they were made for kids and eating the most delicious noodle soups ever....and did I tell you about the herbs....OMG! I was in herb heaven. Even in the small street stalls you got a big a bunch of fresh green leaves that you could pick from and add to your soup....YUMMYYYY.









Riding a Waterbuffalo

Hu Tieu at a street food stall



















HuTieu at a great Street Food Stall



Next we went to Phu Quoc island just to relax on the beach.


 Phu Quoc Island Sao Beach



I think I'll tell you more about my trips in separate posts once I get a Travel folder and get all my pics sorted :)

Once back...guess what the first dinner was all about? YUP! Vietnamese night. My friends wanted to try something Vietnamese so I made Phô, Bò Lá Lôt, rice paper rolls and a lemongrass Pannacotta.

For an evening like this your best bet is to hit the Asian stores to get all the best ingredients.

I will post all the recipes in my following posts :)


PHÔ, BÒ LÁ LÔT, RICE PAPER ROLLS






No comments:

Post a Comment