Thursday, September 22

Cold Avocado Soup with Prawns


One evening I was invited to my best friend's mum's house for dinner. We were about to plan my friend's wedding but it's always nicer to do that on a full tummy. I always love being invited for dinner and especially at mum #2's house 'cause that just brings back memories from being a kid.
This recipe is now my version of what we got as a starter. I just happened to have all the ingredients at home so it was just a natural choice to try to make it myself and put my ripe avocado to use and also the rest of the ingredients. This soup is really simple to make and kind of is just a looser version of a guacamole. So if you love avocados and guacamole then this is a perfect soup for you. It needs no cooking so it's perfect for a day when you're in a rush. Also this is definitely going on my list of foods to enjoy on a hot summer day.




All you need is:

1 Avocado
1 Orange
1 chili
Turkish yoghurt
cream (optional)
prawns
coriander
vegetable stock

Put the avocado into a blender together with the yoghurt, orange juice and yoghurt. Blend together until soft. Add the stock/fond to thin it out if necessary and to add a bit of flavour. I personally only used a tablespoon of cream just cause I wanted to get rid of the small amount in my fridge but honestly I wouldn't use it next time. Season with salt.

Pour into a bowl and add the prawns on top. I put a small spoon of extra yoghurt on top to add contrast. Grate some orange zest and sprinkle the chopped chili on top. Decorate with Coriander.



No comments:

Post a Comment