Thursday, February 9

Quick and Easy Miso Ramen



I love Ramen soups...especially since my trip to Tokyo...but I always thought they would be really time consuming (which they definitely can be). Here's my quick cheat version of a Ramen and its so easy to make that I could eat it almost everyday. As you can see in the pics I've already had it a couple of times.



For the mushrooms and radishes:

0,5dl water
0,5dl Rice wine- or apple wine vinegar
0,5dl sugar
30g shitake

I like the contrast of flavours so I really like to add a bit of pickled veg to my soup. Normally I would choose Rice wine vinegar since it's used in Japanese cooking but I didn't have any this time at hand so I substituted it with apple wine vinegar. To pickle the Shiitakes just make a pickle mix with sugar, vinegar and water and let them pickle for a bit. I wanted the flavour to be more intense also so I drained them and cooked the mushrooms in just a bit of the pickle mix and let it cook down until the mushrooms had a bit of a sticky coating on them.

The rest of the pickled water mix that had been drained I used for the radishes but these I didn't cook cause I prefer them crunchy.







For the soup itself I used:

1 garlic clove
3 spring onions (20g)
15g ginger
5dl chicken stock or water...I've made with both and even with water its still really yummy since you will get all the flavour from the miso paste.
45g miso paste
1tbsp sesame oil
40-50g vegetables of your choice (for example haricot vert, soy beans, pak choi etc.)
In the first one I even had carrots as you can see in the pics...but I prefer without.
Salt (if needed)

boiled egg

soba noodles
chicken (one of the times I added the small pieces of chicken and let them cook in the stock, the other time I made sous vide chicken and added it on top)


1)Slice the Garlic into thin slices and sautée in a pot. Add the ginger and some of the spring onions. Add the stock or water and the sachets of miso paste. If your miso comes with seaweed then thats even better...just add it in.

2)Add the sesame oil...this will really change the flavour. Once the flavour is good just add the haricots or other veg (and chicken if you are cooking it in the soup).

3)Add the noodles. Once you're done just scoop the goodness into a bowl.

4)Add the pickled mushrooms and radishes and the rest of the spring onions for this I prefer the green parts.

5)Decorate with the halved boiled egg.
I even had some dried onions or Furikake (a mix with sesame seeds and seaweed) on top.
Even a drizzle of Sriracha (chili sauce) makes a difference.


You can make this of course with any meat of your preference or even eat it without. Also for the veg....just be creative, but honestly you don't need much! However, the pickled flavour makes a difference which I just really like.



No comments:

Post a Comment