Thursday, October 19

Chanterelles with Kale, Goats cheese, Yoghurt and Rye Nachos


Although I always think of myself as a summer person I can't help but get excited about the autumn too. There are some things that come with it that I really enjoy. I love the way the trees change colour, I love the produce we can get this time of the year that brings some colour to the darkness. And mostly I enjoy the time when mushrooms start popping up everywhere in the forests. I love picking mushrooms...it's like going shopping for free without the hassle of queuing anywhere.
How can you not love the gold found in the woods. Chanterelles are probably the easiest mushrooms to find due to their vibrant fiery yellow colour. They are just beautiful. If they are not too wet they will still look vibrant after pan frying them on a hot pan in some butter. I had noticed that it's better to add the salt afterwards...this way the moisture will not be drawn out of them the same way and they will keep their shape and colour.



I was inspired by a picture I saw on Instagram by gkstories (green kitchen stories) and since I happened to have the chanterelles I had picked, some kale and goats cheese I decided to make my own version. It turned out to be a hit at the table so I've already made it a few times.

You need:
Chanterelles
Kale
Turkish Yoghurt
Chevre Goats cheese
Parsley or other herbs
Rye Nachos with sesame seeds (or other rye crisps)

How to:
Pan fry the Chanterelles in butter.
Pan fry the Kale until it gets a bit crispy.

Spread dollops of yoghurt on to a plate and spread in a circle.
Add crumbles of goats cheese
Top with Kale, Parsley and Chanterelles.
Season with salt
I also decorated withs some nasturtium leaves and flower petals.

Add a few Rye nachos or place a pile in the middle of the circle.
Scoop up all the goodness with the nachos. It's so good and so much healthier than a plate of typical nachos with cheese :)


I served these as a side dish along with a nectarine salad, sweet potato fries and grilled cauliflower for some grilled meats.



No comments:

Post a Comment