Thursday, September 15

Apple pie with Almond Paste


Autumn is around the corner and however much I love the summer I really look forward to all the seasonal produce. This time of the year the apple trees are filling up with beautiful red and yellow fruits. One of my favourite things are definitely apple pie with lots of cinnamon. The tree we have in our garden usually blooms quite late but already a few apples have dropped so I decided to do my favourite but with a new twist. I had some leftover almond flour and almond paste so I didn't want to waste them and included them into my recipe. I had tried some apples at my friend's mum's house and really liked the combo. I think this pie became now my new favourite and will definitely make it again.




You will need:

For the crust
170g butter
55g almond flour (I had made my own)
190g all purpose flour
85g sugar

Filling
250g apples
75g almond paste (grated)
10g sugar
2g or more of cinnamon
zest from half a lemon
Almond flakes

Pinch together the crust ingredients until combined. It's like making a crumble but will become more smooth due to the amount of butter. Spread into a pie form. I ended up having a bit of leftover dough. Some of it I used to sprinkle on top of the pie but with the leftovers I made 4 small cookies.



Peel and slice the apples and place around in a circle filling the whole surface of the dough. Sprinkle with sugar (especially if your apples are a bit sour), cinnamon, lemon zest and the grated almond paste. Add a few sprinkles of the dough. I topped it of with some sprinkles of almond flakes just so you can see that almonds have been used in the pie and to add a bit of extra crunch.

Bake in the oven 175° for approximately 30 mins.




    Serve with vanilla sauce or ice cream :)

No comments:

Post a Comment