Monday, September 12

Summer salad with Fennel, Cauliflower, Crown dill and Peas



During the summertime there's no better place to shop than at the outdoor market. I love all the fresh Finnish vegetables that are in season. I'm always inspired by the abundance of fresh veg and colours to make what I simply just call Summer salad. There are no rules in making salads...just mix and match whatever looks good. This time I started off by seeing these wonderful local fennels and started picking the ingredients from there. You can't go wrong on this.

It took me a while to get this recipe posted so I'm not sure it's really summer here anymore but right now you can still find these wonderful cauliflowers and crown dills in the shops and of course fennels too. And what better to use up your leftover dill from a crayfish party than this :)





You will need:

1/2-1 Fennel (I used 110g)
1 Purple Cauliflower (I used 75g) can of course be substituted with a normal white cauliflower.
10 peas on the pod (100g before taking out the peas...I think I had 40g peas)
1 bunch radishes (I had 110g)
1 granny smith apple (okay I know these aren't local :)  but if you have crisp and sour apples from your own garden then use those) I had 80g
Crown dill (these we usually use when cooking crayfish) I used 10g
1 lemon or lime (just to squeeze some acidity to the salad and also preventing the apples to turn brown)
salt
olive oil

Why not serve it with some Fish  and freshly picked mushrooms :)



No comments:

Post a Comment