Tuesday, September 6

Cabbage and Wakame Salad


When I went to Noa restaurant in Tallinn, I was inspired to try the cabbage salad at home as well. I've always liked the Japanese wakame salad, but this was a more refreshing version of it. This salad is perfect as a side dish for meat or fish.



Here's my version on this cabbage and seaweed salad.

You will need:
Wakame ( a seaweed salad flavoured with sesame seeds, available in Asian stores)
Cabbage
Beansprouts
Granny smith apple
Dill
Coriander
Lemon or lime juice


The amounts are not that important. I used approximately half a cabbage head (300g) and same amount or just a bit less of wakame seaweed, 1 green apple, a big handful of beansprouts, 1 lime. Handful of coriander and dill.
Just cut the cabbage and the apple into thin strips and mix everything together and you'll end up with a beautiful crunchy side dish or salad. It's just so fast and easy and no cooking is needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment