Tuesday, January 24

Greenday Brunch- Juice, Bread and Salad


I woke up this morning quite hungry and since it was already quite late it was perfect time for brunch. Yesterday I bought lots of Green ingredients to put into my juice but since I had also had other ingredients  left over from my dinner I thought of making a green themed brunch :)
I made a refreshing green juice, a salad and an avocado bread...also not to ruin the theme, I had some Matcha with milk.



Refreshing Green Juice:
2-3 Granny smith apples
1 big Kale leaf (approx. 30g)
2 big handfuls of spinach (approx. 60g)
1 handful of mint leaves
1 lime

Put all the ingredients into a juicer and end up with a really refreshing drink to wake you up :)



Rye Bread with Avocado
Now this is just really simple but so beautiful on the eye.
I toasted my slice of Rye bread, mashed half an avocado onto it and sprinkled with spring onion. I sliced the other half really thin and put it on top the mashed up avocado. Press a bit of lime juice and sprinkle with Maldon flake salt. Decorate wit a few sprigs of mint.
Voilá!


Green Salad with Smoked Salmon and Mint Yoghurt
The amounts aren't that important so I didn't weigh them. I just tossed the ingredients together.

Broccoli
Kale
Spring Onion
Spinach
Granny smith Apple
Patty Pan Courgettes
Warm Smoked Salmon
Lime

Yoghurt
Mint
Salt

Take a few small pieces of broccoli and tear the Kale into small pieces leaving out the hard bit and toss into a pan with a bit of oil. Toast them a bit along with the patty pan.
Take a handful of spinach and put on the plate. Top with the broccoli, kale and patty pan. Sprinkle with the Granny smith apple which has been thinly sliced into strips and sliced spring onion. Press a bit of lime on top. Add the Salmon and season with salt.
Add dollops of yoghurt that has sliced mint mixed into it.




Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment