Thursday, May 4

Green Eggs and Ham (gluten free)


Do you like green eggs and ham?


You may be familiar with the story from Dr.Seuss; Green Eggs and Ham...If not then here's a small clip.
http://bit.ly/1s1WrbG

Don't play with your food they say...but sometimes it's fun to play around with the ingredients. I've seen lately a few blog posts on green eggs and ham but have been really disappointed on how these posts have been lacking creativity or even the main thing....green color....and I'm not talking about food colouring, cause that to me is just ridiculous when there are so many other options to make your eggs or in this case pancakes green. I decided to play around with some healthy ingredients and make my breakfast inspired by Sam from the children's book really vibrant.








Immediately I tried to look at what ingredients I would have at home and made my own version. The best is that these are gluten free and taste really good.



The following day I wanted to play around with the idea a bit more and made another version of green eggs with ham...in this case upgraded to parma ham.



Green eggs day 1
1tsp matcha
1 dl soy beans (frozen)
1 dl milk
3 eggs

Just mix the ingredients in a blender and fry on a pan like you would make normal pancakes.
Top with Ham.





Green eggs day 2
40g spinach
15g parsley
1 tsp matcha
2 eggs

Throw the herbs into a blender and add a bit of olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients to get a smooth green batter.
Fry the pancakes on a pan just like you would with any pancakes. Top with feta cheese or any cheese of your liking and some Parma ham or Prosciutto.
I even mixed in a bit of matcha with some yoghurt to make a dressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment