Wednesday, March 28

Cheesecake with mango and passion fruit



One day I got these silicone moulds shaped like flowers from a friend of mine. I immediately wanted to try to make something with them. At first I wasn't sure I liked them and if I would use them much as I thought they were a bit kitsch...but seeing the end result really changed my mind. I found this recipe on Linda Lomelino's blogg call me cupcake and it was really easy to make and delicious. I mean how can you not love cheesecake, passionfruit and mango, right?




I hadn't thought about sharing this recipe but as easter is right around the corner I thought this would be the perfect dessert. You can make it into one big cake like Linda Lomelino did, or make it into smaller individual cakes depending on which moulds or cake forms you use.

For the cookie base:
150g Digestive cookies
60g melted butter

Cheesecake filling:

300g Philadelphia cream cheese
250g Ricotta
4 dl whipping cream
1,75dl sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
250g mango

Decoration:
3 passionfruit

Place the biscuits into a blender and grind until smooth.
Mix the cookies with the melted butter.
Press the cookie mix into the bottom of your cake form (one where you can easily get the bottom off).
Place into the fridge for 20 minutes.

Or like in my case, I pressed the cookie mix onto a oven tray covered with parchment paper into small individual circles using a round form. I then placed this into the fridge to harden, like above, while I prepared the cheesecake mix.

Whisk together the cream cheese, ricotta, cream, sugar and lemon zest. It should start to thicken but still be pouring consistency.
Pour the filling into the moulds or into the cake pan with the cookie bottom.

Peel the mango, remove the pit and cut into chunks. Place into the blender and blend until it's a puré.
Pour the mango puré onto the cheesecake filling and by using a spoon, gently mix it in like a swirl. Not mixing it in completely.
You could also pour the puré into small individual half globes and freeze until hard and press into the cheesecake filling to make small domes that will be revealed when you cut into the cheesecake.

Cover the cake/cakes with clingfilm and place into the freezer for 6hrs.
Take out the cake approximately 30 mins before serving. Pour te passionfruit onto the cake.

This is super easy to make and can be made in advance.

Today I also tried placing this filling into an egg shaped mould and covered it with a vibrant mirror glaze.

I'll post more on that soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment