Thursday, March 29

Mirror glaze


Yesterday I shared a recipe of the frozen mango cheesecake with passionfruit. It's a perfect recipe also if you want to cover it with a mirror glaze like I did. Any kind of cheesecake or mousse can be covered with mirror glaze as long as it's freezing cold and has a smooth surface.
I made this cheesecake in a chocolate mould shaped like an egg as I couldn't find a silicone mould which would have been more ideal. I still wanted to try. I covered the mould with cling film to make it easier to remove from the mould. However if you have a silicone mould it's much better cause the cling film already made the surface of my cake a bit uneven.
I also was not quite as amazed with the colour of my egg as I have been previous times I've used this shiny glaze. I recommend to use quite vibrant colours because the finish will be much better. Also add a bit of edible glitter to make it shine and sparkle as I did in my red dome shaped (version shown at the bottom of this page).





Here's how to make a mirror glaze:

You will need:
300g granulated sugar
200g sweetened condensed milk
150ml water
2tbsp of gelatine powder
125ml water
350g white chocolate 

Mix these into a saucepan:

300g granulated sugar
200g sweetened condensed milk
150ml water

Place these into a pot and heat up on medium heat, stirring occasionally.

In a separate bowl:
2tbsp of gelatine powder
125ml water

while the condensed milk mixture is heating, mix the gelatine powder with the water and let it swell up for a few minutes.

Once the condensed milk has come to a simmer take it off the heat and add the gelatine lump. Mix well.

Chop some white chocolate 350g and por the hot mixture onto the chocolate and allow to melt 5 mins and mix well with a whisk.

Add the colour of your choice and let it cool a bit until body temperature (37°C).

Place your frozen cake or smaller cakes onto a rack with a baking tray underneath. Pour the glaze onto the cakes and let it set in the fridge.

Here's a mirror glaze with a more vibrant colour



No comments:

Post a Comment