Wednesday, August 17

Grilled Carrots with Feta and Roasted Almonds served with Chicken and a Mint-Yoghurt Sauce


Carrots are so sweet during the summer and I just couldn't resist buying them. I've already had these carrots three times this summer. The amounts are not really that important and they are just so vibrant and beautiful as a side dish. I served mine with marinated and grilled chicken and a mint and yoghurt sauce.







You will need:
9 carrots (550g)
40g peeled and roasted almonds
40g feta cheese
honey
mint

Boil the carrots until they are just a bit softer and have turned even more vibrant in color. Cut them in half lengthwise. Grill them on the barbecue to create stripes or just fry them on a dry frying pan to get a bit of chargrilled effect.
Lay the carrots onto a plate and just sprinkle with the almonds, feta and mint.
Drizzle a bit of honey on top




Grilled chicken
I used boneless chicken thighs (Kariniemen paistileike)
For the marinade I used:
ground cumin (approximately 1-2 tbsp)
garlic (in this case however I used garlic salt 1 tsp since I didn't have fresh)
BBQ oil (I used Caj P BBQ oil)
garam masala
pinch of cayenne pepper
meat stock
Honestly the amounts are not so important and you can use whichever spices you prefer.

Grill the boneless chicken thighs until done. These will take a bit longer than a chicken breast.



Yoghurt sauce
200g Turkish yoghurt
15-20g chopped mint leaves
a pinch of salt
and a squeeze of lemon or lime







No comments:

Post a Comment