Thursday, August 11

Peach and nectarine salad


This is one of my favourite new summer salads to serve as a side dish when barbecuing pork or chicken....and why not enjoy it with something else as well or just on its own.






You will need:
Nectarines or peaches (I used both and sometimes even a few apricots)
Mixed salad leaves or rocket
Goatscheese
Blueberries or bilberries
Walnuts
Lemon balm or mint leaves
Honey
Lime
Oil




Cut the fruits in half and remove the pit.
Grill them on the barbecue to create stripes
Make a Salad bed onto a plate.
Place the fruits on top of the salad and add small pieces of goats cheese.
Sprinkle some blueberries and walnuts on top
Decorate with mint or lemon balm.

Mix together lime zest, some honey and oil and drizzle on top of the salad.
I even sometimes put pickled red onions to add even more zing and colour.

The first time I made this I used mint leaves, blueberries and rocket. The following time I just used what I had available from the garden and it turned out equally good :)

So beautiful and so good!




No comments:

Post a Comment