Monday, August 22

Stone Fruit Galette


Galettes are a wonderful and easy way to serve a pie without even using a pie form. I really like how rustic it looks. I was again at the cottage and saw some peaches, nectarines and cherries on the table  that my mum had bought, so I wanted to try a new recipe. For galettes and pies just use whatever fruits or berries available...atleast that's how I usually get inspired.






I think this turned out beautiful :)

For the galette you will need:

165g all purpose flour
45g oatmeal
150g softened butter (I used normal salted)
20-30g sugar
cardamom
cinnamon
salt

For the filling:

1 peach
1 nectarine
10 cherries
sugar





Heat the oven to 175°C.
De-stone the fruits and cherries. To remove the stone from the stone fruits it's easiest to just cut them in half and remove the stone by hand. The cherries I kind of crush with the flat side of the knife making them split and the pit or stone to become visible. Be careful however when doing this not to cut yourself or wear delicate coloured clothes...cause if your cherries are as juicy as mine you'll end up looking like you've just slaughtered someone...you have been warned :D

Pinch together the butter with the dry ingredients and spread onto a baking sheet. place the fruits and berries on top. pinch together the edges of the pie to create a crust edge. Sprinkle some sugar on top.

Bake in the oven for approximately 35-45 minutes until the crust is golden. If you want the crust to shine a bit you can make a egg- milk wash to brush over the edges...I think this would look a bit prettier.

Serve with some whipped cream. I served mine with lightly whipped cream, flavoured with a hint of whiskey and sugar. You can also use rum or just vanilla if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment